Thursday, August 9, 2012

White, green or blue polo?

It's that time of year again...new teachers, new notebooks,pencils, and clothes!  School is back in session, but how does one buy new clothes when they have to wear a uniform?  That is a question I have been asking myself since I was in kindergarten. Yes, having to wear a uniform has its pros but it also has its cons when you are a fashionista.
I remember when I was little I would always see kids shopping for new school clothes, and I was stuck picking out whether I wanted to wear a white, green or blue polo.  But as I grew older I realized I could still make my uniform unique and my own, simply by accessorizing!
The rules were strick but I always managed to find a loop hole.
No nail polish? Please. I wore a baby pink or natural color that the teachers didn't notice I was wearing any.  No makeup? Simple just go natural.  I would wear fun tennis shoes anything from Coach to simple Converse.  I would wear braclets, necklaces, and rings. Sure I got caught a couple of times but by the time I started high school I had so many tricks up my sleeve;I considered middle school practice.
Even though I may not be able to express myself as much as I like, wearing a uniform does have its benefits. I don't have to plan out my outfit every night and I don't have to worry about girls picking on me for what I'm wearing.
So to all the girls, and guys, who have to wear a uniform make sure this year you express yourself as much as you can and take risks when accessorizing with your uniform

No comments:

Post a Comment