Thursday, August 30, 2012

A letter to me

Last night as I was looking through other blogs I came across one that I absolutely fell in love with!
I am always telling my friends and family that people should still write love letters like they did in the olden days. The kind that are sincere and sent through the mail, not a stupid e-mail. Who doesn't love receiving a HANDWRITTEN letter in the mail?! 
Nobody! People hate receiving bills, but getting a letter in a sea of bills can be refreshing and heart warming in my opinion.
The blog is in fact called More Love Letters as I read through the blog I thought it was amazing to see this one girl with one mission: to write old fashioned love letters and send them to complete strangers all around the world who are in need.
"We’re going to tell you that we write and mail love letters, handwritten love letters, to strangers in need all over the world. We’re going to invite you to request a love letter for someone in your life who needs one. And we’re going to insist that you step out of your own shoes of Comfort & join us. You are going to think we are a bit crazy. A tad loopy. But you’ve been looking for a website that leaks love all this time… so we aren’t worried you’ll leave us."

This blog made me think a lot about myself. I'm always telling people that I want to make a difference in the world. I want to be known and leave the world a better place.
I don't need the fame or the money that goes along with it, sure it would be nice, but it wouldn't matter.
If I were to leave this world just making a difference for one person whether it be making them smile or laugh that would be good enough for me.
I am the girl who is constantly writing. Writing in journals writing on scrap pieces of paper, writing on my blog, writing wherever I can. I love sharing my thoughts and opinions even if people disagree I feel as if I'm speaking up for the people who dont have a voice. I feel as if what I am writing about actually has some importance even if it really doesn't.
I never thought I would be able to write a blog, but here I am writing a personal blog and a blog for my school.
One day I hope to work for a fashion magazine like Cosmopolitian or Vogue and maybe that will never happen, but I'm going to shoot for the moon because even if I miss I know I will land among the stars.
Somedays I will sit and wonder if I truly am crazy for having dreams bigger than me but then I remember a quote by William Ward...
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can achieve it." 
 When I was little I got diagnosed with ADHD and anomia which made reading and WRITING so difficult. I would dread any reading assignment and essays. They told my mom I will probably not succeed past a certain reading and writing comprehension level. (I would like to point out I have been on the honor role every year since then.)
As much as I hated reading and writing I set out to make it one of my strengths and prove them wrong. 
Never would I have thought I would want to become a journalist/ writing when I grew up, and maybe I never will be. Maybe I'll go to college and realize I want to become a doctor. I doubt it because I can't stand the sight of blood, but you never know maybe I will go into the medical field.
So I encourage my readers to shoot for the moon and never take no for an answer. I also encourage you to go write a letter to someone whether it be a family member or friend or maybe even a stranger. Write them a letter. It doesn't have to be a love letter. Maybe it will just be a friendly letter telling them to have a good day. Go write your little hearts out a good old fashion hand written letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment