Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Acne No More: 7 tips to clearer skin

Wouldn't it be nice if we could be like guys and just roll out of bed and be ready for the day? But instead, we have to cover up our blemishes with layers of make-up in order to feel good about ourselves along with feeling accepted in society. It's a shame that girls and women of all ages feel so ashamed of their complexion that they need to cover up their true beauty. If you're like me and are always wondering how the celebrities get their perfect flawless skin, the answer is simple: expensive products or  photoshop. Unless good skin runs in a persons she is going to end up having a blemish or two. Or if you're like me, a ton!!!

I am one of those girls who always loved to play with my mom's make-up and, as much as I love make-up, it can end up looking caked on. I have found that by wearing a mineral based make-up your skin won't look cakey. Your pores won't get clogged either! So, it's no big deal if you forget to take your make-up off before a quick nap.

But how can a person clear up their skin and make it look as if it were photoshopped? I can't make your acne go away, but I can give you 7 simple tips that won't cost you a dime!

If you're anything like me, you love your beauty sleep, but it's not always easy to get much sleep with a busy to do list. But getting plenty of sleep can help repair and recover your skin from  the day that that came before. Shoot for at least 8 hours if possible. 

Cleaning your pillow case every two weeks helps keep bacteria and oil that rub off from your skin and hair from staying too long on the pillow.  Cleaning your phone case will also help with clearing up your skin. Your phone has bacteria on the screen that can carry staph bacteria.

Drink lots and lots of H2O. Drinking lots of water will not only help clear your skin up but it has also often been reported to help with a healthy glow as well. It obviously won't happen over night but just a week of drinking a healthy amount of water can have a good effect.

I know when it comes to my break outs they are mostly related to stress. I am constantly stressing out about every little thing. But I have started to realize once I get overwhelmed, I need to walk away and do a small activity to get my mind off it, such as painting my nails or blogging!

Last but not least...stop picking and popping those mountains. I know it's so hard not to and I'm so guilty of doing it but you will save yourself from scarring if you stop now.

So a quick over view:
1. Get plenty of sleep, shoot for at least 8 hours
2. Clean your pillow case every two weeks if possible
3. Clean your phone!
4. Hydrate!!!
5. Try not to stress
6. Use natural make up
7. Stop picking and popping


No comments:

Post a Comment