Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What is love?

Love a four letter word that can have so many different meanings.
When I was little I would have told you love was when a person said I love you, but I wouldn't know why the person was saying I love you. As I've grown older I've realized love isn't that easy.
Through the years everyone's definition or meaning of love changes.  When your in middle school one might consider holding hands and kissing, love.  In high school most people might think of sex when they think of love.  BUT WHAT IS LOVE?
At this point in my life I have realized true love and true friendships are hard to come by.  Sure love is letting people know you care, but I think most importantly love is about facing your fears.
Letting someone in can be hard, especially when you have seen so many people close to you get hurt.  But opening yourself up to someone even though there is that chance you could get hurt.  That alone is love, in my opinion.
So what is the true definition of love?  The answer being, there is none!  There are so many types of love that it can't just have one definition.
"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

No comments:

Post a Comment